Sunday, November 16, 2008

The Cozy Little Book Nook


One of the true joys of my life is to curl up with a good book, a cozy blanket, and (on cold days) a cup of hot chocolate or herbal tea. I love to let the words take me to far of lands in my imagination and escape from the daily grind of life for a little while. It is restful, and it strengthens the dreaming skills of my mind. I love to read all kinds of things including poetry, philosophy, science fiction, self help books, and more. However, I have a special love for Children's literature.

There is a real power of influence in Children's Literature. We are shaped by the thoughts we think, and we think about what we read. Books like The Chronicles of Narnia, Matilda, Anne of Green Gables, Little Women, Lord of the Rings and Treasure Island truly helped me become the kind of person I am. The love of the stories I read as a kid helped me to develop a love of learning, and broadened my horizons of what the world has to offer. It is so important to provide kids with good things to read. Even as an adult I learn new things each time I read these books.

I recently joined a book review blog with one of my friends called The Cozy Little Book Nook. This is a great place to find some of our favorite Children's Books, and share in our love of reading. If you are like us and looking for a great new book to read and share with your family then check it out. You won't be sorry :)


No comments: